Monday, January 30, 2012

Useful Brands to Help Manage your Blood Sugars: Special K

Like I've mentioned in previous blogs, when I find a product or brand of food that I like and allows me to easily manage my blood sugars I will eat those foods constantly.  Today the brand is Special K.

The first product they have is their variety of cereals.  They add a variety of fruits and yogurt chunks into some of their cereals, as well as cinnamon and chocolate.  They really taste great and have much lower sugar content then most cereals out there.  I have eaten cereal for every meal at one time or another, and Special K is a big reason why.

The second product is their crisps.  They are thin crispy snacks that have either strawberry or blue berry inside of them as well as vanilla icing on the top of them.  This product comes in packs of 2 crisps and have 24 carbs in each packet.  They are very tasty and provide a healthy low carb and low sugar snack that can bridge the gap until you get your next meal.  Warning: they can be addicting.

The third product is their protein drinks.  These protein drinks have a variety flavors including: Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry, and Banana.  They have around 25 grams of carbs in them and really have a superior taste to them.  I do not drink them as a protein supplement but more to curb my hunger and use it as a healthy snack.  The drinks are very filling and can be used as a going to bed snack because the protein holds your blood sugar throughout the night.

The final product that I enjoy, and am currently addicted to is their protein bars.  The taste is so good and they are healthy snacks that fill you up and provide proper nutrition to the body.  These bars are offered in a variety of flavors and have around 30 grams of carbs.

I highly recommend sampling these products and start to incorporate them into your diet.  They have lead to stable blood sugars, and an overall easier day when it comes to handling diabetes.

Visit http://www.specialk.com/ to find more information about the products.  They offer many more that act as healthy substitutes to normal foods that taste great.


No comments: