Friday, January 27, 2012

Product Analysis: Dexcom

When I was using the medtronic pump, they included a continuous glucose monitor that linked directly to the pump.  The thought of closing the loop, and having all your information at one location sounded great to me.  I truly hated the medtronic cgm.  The needle insert was painful if it was not inserted at the exact precise angle, and it could be inserted but sometimes there was a kink and the cgm would not read correctly.  Thus, I had a bad taste in my mouth of cgms after that.

After getting the omnipod and being introduced to the dexcom, I liked it but did not want to have another thing attached to me especially after the medtronic one.  At the start of 2012, I broke down and got one because I new of the potential benefits and my thinking was this company only does cgms so they have to know what they're doing.  I got it 3 weeks ago and my blood sugars have never been better.  Consistent numbers throughout the day, and constant alerts when your blood sugar is rising or dropping to fast leads to a happier me.

http://www.dexcom.com/products


These are just some products that help me out.  What are your opinions of having a CGM?

No comments: