Friday, January 13, 2012

Super Mom's

The following is not to take away from any super dads out there.  This is specifically to honor the moms of the world.  The Dad's will be recognized at a later date.  

In my opinion, mothers of diabetics are the true "Super Heroes" of the Diabetes community.  They are the ones not sleeping for years to make sure their child's blood sugars are stable.  They are the ones hanging out in the school to make sure everything is ok.  There level of commitment, devotion, and overall love is unparalleled and goes unappreciated.

My mom is the reason I am alive and healthy today and I truly appreciate everything she has done for me.  I have been attached to her hip since Day one and in her opinion I still am.  She has been the ultimate protector throughout my life watching me every step of the way.  I have been groomed to understand this disease at a superior level, and am capable of handling it myself now.  She has instilled habits in me that will be beneficial for the rest of my life not only in the diabetes world, but in the regular world as well.

So here's to you Mom's!  Thank you for everything you do for your children with Diabetes, and no matter how much they hate you always being on top of them, they really need it and definitely appreciate the hard work.  From educating an entire school on Diabetes to scolding an adult for improperly handling your child, you will do whatever it takes to ensure your child's safety.

From the diabetic children of the world: "Thank You!"


-CA

2 comments:

The Bailey Boys said...

omg! your post melted my heart and reassured me I'm doing the right thing for my son. THANK YOU. My son is 7 and diagnosed 1 year ago and i have already been thru the school 'fun' and many nights of lost sleep. Keep up the great work in taking care of yourself! Would love to hear your mom's tips on how she guided you thru the years!

Violet said...

I raised three children out of four with diabetes (diagnosed 2,5,5). One of my beautiful daughters (Brigitte, who has diabetes) is now raising 2 of her 4 children with diabetes. She is an amazing mother who has to deal with her diabetes everyday and take care of her childrens diabetes. A true "super mom".